Monday, June 3, 2013

MY ROW ALONG QUILT TOP

I finished my Row-A-Long quilt top today but I do still have to make the binding strips.   I made substitutions for some of the rows.  I made one row smaller than the original size and then realized that the pieced borders would not fit so I had to make another "filler" row to make everything come out even.  I like the bright colors and think the kitties look like they are sitting on a patchwork quilt.  The kitty row is the one that I had to make to take care of my mistake.  Now I think it may be my favorite row.  All's well that ends well.   I wouldn't mind making another row quilt using colors I more often work with.

Now I want to make a small wallhanging for my kitchen.  Thinking of using a cute appliqued coffee cup and saucer block alternating with a pieced block - maybe a 9-patch or churn dash.   Time will tell.

Happy 46th Anniversary to me and my sweetheart today!




 

1 comment: