Friday, August 23, 2013

Quilt Kit Block # 1

This is the first block in my quilt kit from McCalls clearance.  I don't think I want to fussy cut stripes ever again!   But I think I'm going to love the quilt so I guess the extra cutting time will be worth it.  Everything is cut and blocks 2 and 3 are underway.  Blocks 2 & 3 are the same but are not like block number 1.  The instructions specifically stated to cut the stripes certain ways so they will "match up" properly.   For some reason, unknown to me, the instructions for cutting the smaller triangles in this block did not specify fussy cutting them and I'm a little annoyed that they don't match up with the larger triangle.  This block goes in the very center of the quilt and I'll probably always notice the strips being off.  I could rip it out, cut 8 more smaller triangles and see if I can get them to match the larger ones.  I don't think I have enough striped fabric left to cut more large ones.


Only 5 weeks until our Fall retreat.


No comments:

Post a Comment